Saturday, March 6, 2010

Whirlwind!

The last two weeks have been a complete whirlwind! Our cute little town home hit the market this weekend and we already had someone walk through it today. We've selected the exterior colors (warm brown tones) for our new home, signed off on all the electrical aspects and started selecting our interior elements. We breezed through our exterior selections. The interior selections are requiring much more time. The majority of the lower level of our new home as well as all the bathrooms will be ceramic tile. So...we've spent a lot of time over the past week with our designer and at our local tile shops. We found the perfect floor tile colors today and breathed a huge sigh of relief! Another place where we will be installing tile is our kitchen backsplash. We wanted the backsplash to have a pop of color, so we've selected deep red tiles! Most people think we're crazy for picking this color. We plan to prove them wrong! Josh's favorite part of the interior selection process was having this BIG beer after a marathon meeting with our fabulous designer Julie! We promise to update our blog more frequently in the days to come. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun couple of weeks!! I can't wait until they actually start building and stuff :) It will be SO fun to see the progress! And just for the record I think the red in the backsplash will be soo pretty! You've got to have a pop of color somewhere, and I love it in tiles! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd stop by and see how things are going. WOW seems like things are moving fast. I think red tiles in backsplash sound awesome. I know how much you love red. I absolutely cannot wait to see your amazing creation. My house was complete when I bought it. Luckily the colors and fixtures and everything were very similar to my taste. Sorry I missed you when I was home in March. It was spent with my family and was way too short.

    ReplyDelete